Friday 3 September 2021

Chris Moran. (R.I.P)

In 1973 Chris broke his neck playing rugby for Waihi athletic club. Chris became tetraplegic. Chris soon started to participate in Paralympic sport he made his first international competition at the FESPIC games in Australia 1977 where he received 1 gold and 3 silver medals in the Paralympic athletics one year later thanks to sporting achievements he was awarded Marlborough Sportsman of the year. He represented his country at the Arnhem 1980 Paralympic Games in Holland. He competed in the Paralympic athletics and Paralympics swimming. Chris missed a place on the podium when he achieved fourth place in the discus throw 1B. That was a little blurb about Chris Moran. Here is my DLO ( digital learning object) I made my DLO in a Google drawing. Here it is!
 


4 comments:

  1. What an inspiring sportsperson Chris is. Thanks for sharing these details about him with us Arielle. Perhaps for people who don't know, could you explain what becoming tetraplegic means? When I click on your picture, is it supposed to take me to your DLO, because all I can see is the picture enlarged. Have a great weekend Arielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a talented sports man! Thanks for sharing Chris's paralympic story with us. I was interested to know more about him after reading your blog, so I did a bit of research myself. He was indeed a very talented man. After his accident he went and retrained at Christchurch Polytechnic and received his New Zealand Certificate in Architecture and started his own business. What an amazing person. Thanks Arielle for choosing Chris Moran and making me aware of this great New Zealander. Hope you and your family are all safe and well in your bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arielle. Thank you for a very informative and well set out presentation about Cris Moran. He is very talented isn't he! Do you know how long after he recovered that he competing? I would love to see your DLO. Could you please give me access? Keep up the wonderful work and stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post Arielle!

    I really enjoyed reading your DLO and the images you have chosen are very effective. Good range of facts as well!
    I really enjoyed watching both the Olympic and Paralympic games this year. Even with COVID the athletes did incredibly well representing their countries. Did you watch the games this year?
    Maybe for your next post, you can share what you have been up to during lockdown :)
    Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.